Saturday, May 13, 2006

I caught glimpse of a shooting star today,
Beaming glitter across the sky;
Dipping into the pool of black,
Streaks of life, sucked into darkness to die.

I want to fly sometimes,
Across those very horizons;
But weary of taking that leap,
Don’t know how far, before the journey is done.

Think not when you speak,
I want to know what your soul has to say;
Pause not when you speak,
Let go of that fear your wrapped around, today.

These walls around me I’ve built,
Feel thinner than they look;
Ask me not to break them down,
I see cracks from the last time they shook.

Winter never stays too long here,
But I stand with a frozen heart;
Clutching onto petals, squirming in my palm,
I feel, just sometimes choose not.

If every gesture could not be read,
If every dawn was not followed by twilight;
If it did not matter where we were tomorrow,
I’d smile for you tonight.

6 Comments:

Blogger AI said...

"Clutching onto petals, squirming in my palm,
I feel, just sometimes choose not"

Crtique's are boring, so you can take the implied praise...but did you notice that there is also an amusing meaning to these lines?

Its like there's this girl with this 'forget-me-not' in her hand, going 'he loves me', 'he loves me not' and even though it comes up 'he loves me' she chooses the 'not' instead.

What am I getting at? Well its kinda like you, depth where someone would least expect it.

15/5/06 4:31 AM  
Blogger M said...

Whoa! Never pictured it that way, but reading it gives this peculiar nostalgic feeling, from a point in time you have never really been :)

17/5/06 8:14 PM  
Blogger Sohaib said...

Ah, how pseudo-intellectual that was. :)

18/5/06 11:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

Haha....psuedo eh? ACF major! ...that was just a hazy, fragmented, mind-frame articulated in a poem :P

30/5/06 2:09 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

you write beautifully :)

11/6/06 12:55 AM  
Blogger M said...

Hey Natasha!
Thanx :) ....Just checked out your photoblog, and *wow*! ...I'm so in with photographs myself, capturing moments, and emotions, ridding them of time....hope to see some new stuff coming soon after your photography classes ;)

20/6/06 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home