Friday, August 26, 2005

There was a peculiar silence, after what seemed like eternity. There were people around a mile away from the bark I sat on, their lips moving but their words turning into soft whispers as they floated upon the breeze. The bark lay among a thick cluster of grass at the top of the hill, its heavy weight pushing it into the mud. I stared at a dragonfly in a pool of dirty water formed within a depression in the bark, dipping and struggling to fly as its wet wings held it back. A drop of cold water trickled down my neck, diverting my attention towards the gray sky. It was raining.... You could hear the patter of rain, as it touched the crumpled autumn leaves scattered around, slipping down glistening blades of grass. It wasn’t like the sound of rain water hitting against glass window panes or a heavy pour gushing down metallic streets, but a scuffled patter, that slowly crawls into your soul.

I was far away from the world, but mortality of the moment made my thoughts wander around stepping back into it. I have come along way, but there’s a longer way to go. No matter what storms have shaken this forest, there has always been someone to turn to. However it is soon going to be time to step out of my bubble. I won’t say I’m one of those who have been completely cut off from the real world, complacent and snug in my sanctuary. But I haven’t been more than a distant observer, who can see and feel, yet with only my voice to speak for me... Will I be able to wake up one day, make coffee for myself, put on a warm overcoat and walk down that aisle, wading through the snow with a huge pile of books in my hand? ....I wonder who ‘he’ would be. Do I know him? Am I yet to meet him? Does he like the smell of moist mud when it rains?....

Some things just unfold with time. I’m a dreamer ahan, but not one to sit in waiting, longing for my destiny to reveal itself. The beauty of the dark sky lies in it's enigma... It’s a short life, and I want to taste every moment to its fullest.

The dragon fly made its way to the edge, throwing its wings over a mushroom, sprouting from within the pool of water, pulling itself up. It seemed to be resting after the long strenuous journey, watching the raindrops sparkle as they united with the water forming crystals on the surface. It's gonna fly. I know it still can. It's just the wings..they're drenched. It'll stop raining...soon...

14 Comments:

Blogger G said...

Don't hold yourself like that
You'll hurt your knees
I kissed your mouth, and back
And that's all I need
Don't build your world around
Volcanoes melt you down

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you, you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea

Don't throw yourself like that
In front of me
I kissed your mouth, your back
Is that all you need?
Don't drag my love around
Volcanoes melt me down

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you, you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me

You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask
What I give to you is just what I'm going through

This is nothing new, no, no just another phase of finding
what I really need is what makes me bleed

And like a new disease, Lord, she's still too young to treat
Volcanoes melt you down
She's still too young
I kissed your mouth
You do not need me

~Damen Rice - Volcano

28/8/05 8:05 PM  
Blogger G said...

just building on the vibe.

28/8/05 8:05 PM  
Blogger M said...

Volcano by damein rice! Neat lyrics, sucky guitaring. Though there is absolutely no vibe in common between my post and the song! :P haha ...However if you listen to a good song by him check out 'blowers daughter', real sweet song.

28/8/05 8:57 PM  
Blogger AI said...

You're good at what I refer to as Pakistani story-writing. Somehow we've been schooled in artistic impression without us knowing it.

I find it amusing that even as young adults we dread the real world, perhaps our children's intuition hasn't left us yet. Also, i'd recommend staying in after taking a long hot-shower and playing your guitar instead, somedays it isn't worth to put the overcoat on and trudge out ;)

Damien Rice is, I fear, one of those flavors of the month that fills a niche in music. Still, good listening. I like Delicate the most from his songs.

31/8/05 7:28 PM  
Blogger M said...

Pakistani story writing?! :S ...*ehm ehm*...you cant criteriorize a writing style! I write like me! *woof* yes :D haha...n yeah thanx ;P

Pondering about the future and stepping out of the bubble doesn't necesserily depict 'dread' :) ....for along with the burden of responsibilities comes this ooh-aah sense of independence. It actually feels kinda cool ;)

Ooh and trudging out, wiTh the guitar, is simply the bestest! haha

1/9/05 1:29 AM  
Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

No way, that reall great smell after it rains.. that's moist MUD? :-/ Must be other stuff tooo-oo :p

Hehe it's interesting how you kept weaving between yourself and story mode, unless of course there really was this dragonfly buzzing about ^o)

3/9/05 11:01 PM  
Blogger M said...

Mostly its mud... yeah...I guess! :S haha

....Hmmm nay, there was no dragonfly :)...but there was a puddle, if it counts :D

5/9/05 2:37 PM  
Blogger KT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

16/9/05 4:11 PM  
Blogger KT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

16/9/05 4:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

HmmmMm.....I dont really seperate destiny from dreams and reality really. Your destiny is there, but you have the power to write you destiny all at the same time...well not entirely, but you know what I mean! haha ...

Dreams that you dream just for the illusion of being reality and being able to live without really being there, are sad man...that would be an ouch ahan. But on the other hand even if its time to turn the hour glass over before you dont get there, the struggle and all you see on the way is still worth it.. yeah! ;)

21/9/05 5:34 PM  
Blogger KT said...

* comment deleted due to obvious miscommunication, on my part, of a completely neutral/personal perspective on dreams and dreamers alike.

I stand corrected as usual, there really are no such things as dreams ..you're quite right ahan ;)

22/9/05 12:28 AM  
Blogger M said...

You dont delete comments like that!
You suck! *woof* hahah
....N nay....I never said I dont believe in dreams.. On the contrary:
"I'm a dreamer, ahan" ;)

26/9/05 12:45 PM  
Blogger KT said...

indeed you are, mean female ;P

27/9/05 3:32 PM  
Blogger M said...

;D

27/9/05 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home