Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Teenie Twenie

*WOW* ....that’s the only thing that comes to my mind right now.

The last two days were just amazing...

I thought I’d be extremely excited to be all grown up at twenty, but for some reason, as the time approached there was there creeping mellow sinking feeling.... Somehow the digit 2 in the 20 has this scary feel to it. The feeling of knowing the next few years is the time your are to take some of the most important paths of your life somehow makes your knees quiver...for along with the thrill of the unknown, there is this sense of chilling anxiety. But this isn’t Neverland....and everyone has to grow up.

I couldn’t think of the best way to leave my teenage years behind. Kept thinking of what I’ll do to mark my last teenage day, but then just thought it better to forget about it. Sometimes thinking and planning just spoils it all, more often when there is no right way known.

At times what you can’t think of just comes to you its self. I spent my last teenage day with those two people who I’ve shared some of the greatest moments of my life. Those two people, who I’ve practically grown up with, walked through the sunny and rainy days without umbrellas, those two people who I can trust with my eyes closed. It was just a blast! From the magical drive, crazy talking sessions over coffee, nostalgic fumes, future resolutions, that laugh shared to the shoulder offered. Thanx guys, I had a great time. Love you! Ayesha and Aminah :)

Not a bad transition you’d think, but that wasn’t the end of it. The 2nd was just awesome. I had just woken up and walked out of my room to be greeted by a laryngitis stricken Ayesha yelling Happy Birthday! I was rushed back into the room to change and driven off within ten minutes. The final landing spot was masooms, after a series of most outrageous yet surprisingly effective lies, visits to salons, phone calls, messages I was made to type, and God knows what. As soon as I entered I saw two tables hogged by my most favourite people....the most amazing family and friends anyone could ask for. I was in state of shock, as a illion things rushed through my mind and a huge grin complacently settled above all. Firstly how could I be dumb enough not to get it, secondly how could Birjees and Vicky plan out something like this, thirdly how could Hashim keep it in his tummy and not blurt it out to me, fourthly I spent a whole day with Aminah and Ayesha and never sniffed the fish, and fifthly I never knew they loved me that much :)

From there we went for bowling, and then home for moms yummy home made dinner, all my favs! Shes such a darling she’d even gotten the clothes I wanted to wear on my birthday stitched, and just the way I had in mind. We tried to watch a movie, however I think it’s high time we realize, it is just not possible for us to actually sit and watch a whole movie when we’re together. Come on real life is so much more fun ;)

Dad came back tonight. We’r leaving tomorrow, for a short holiday up north. Its been a long time, and holidays are the only time when you actually get to spend so much time together. It should be fun!

Shall remember the awesome feeling. It’s such a high when you’re stormed with a million messages and phone calls as the clock strikes midnight. I felt most pathetic to have been blessed with the forgetfulness I have, and not having able to do that for so many people. But yes, thankies! All you guys who bothered to send a hi, short birthday wish, to a call, to singing happy birthday on the phone! Haha...it meant a lot to me :)

My presents muahaha! ranged from totally my kinda clothes and perfumes to totally my kinda music ;) ....

I’m the most happy person right now!! I want to flyyy when there’s a purple sky! Swim in the deep blue sea! Dance on a tiger-Lillie like lil fawiees do! Hehe.. Actually I want to go jump off a cliff without a parachute tried to my back! Hah! :D

5 Comments:

Blogger Sindy Clawford said...

Ah happy birthday again! And see wasn't that an ADVANCE conversation, a whole TWO topics ;)
And you're 20 :o I totally forgot that! Birthday reminde rneeds more details :p
^_^

4/8/05 10:17 PM  
Blogger SR said...

happy birthday!

being 20 comes with a sense of growing up and maturity.. and of course the load of responsibilities sadly =(

5/8/05 3:32 AM  
Blogger M said...

I'm back!

Awe thankies ray ;)....yes yes indeed we are progressing ..lol

Hey Shaima, thanx :) ...ahan feel it already....but a little bit of spice can never be too much ;)

8/8/05 8:07 PM  
Blogger G said...

what kind of person wants to celebrate their 20th birthday by jumping off a cliff? lol. sathya gayi ho.

18/8/05 11:09 PM  
Blogger G said...

check out this blast from the past:

http://failedwords.blogspot.com/2005/08/some-things-should-never-be-forgotten.html

20/8/05 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home